Pregnancy is a life-changing event. It’s an opportunity to care for and safeguard a developing soul within your body, a soul you pledge to cherish forever. Many young couples who want to start a family find it challenging to make their dreams come true.
While Western Medicine has amazingly advanced over the last decade, today’s science provides new remedies to body illnesses, including infertility. There are numerous options for assisting you in starting your own family, ranging from IVF to hormone treatment.
Acupuncture has been used for thousands of years. According to numerous studies, and has many benefits for many couples who are trying to address their reproductive difficulties. However, you may be wondering if centuries-old holistic treatment methods like acupuncture have a scientific basis and whether they are worth a try. But before we get into the specifics of acupuncture, let’s take a quick look at female infertility and why you might be having problems conceiving naturally in the first place.
Learn from the acupuncturist in Mumbai Central how effective the method is in treating female infertility.
What exactly do you mean when you say female infertility?
Women who are attempting to conceive naturally may have trouble conceiving due to different reasons. Fertility problems are defined as the inability to conceive naturally after a year of frequent intercourse with no protection.
What are the causes of female infertility?
Specific medical disorders can cause natural conception problems, or they might be idiopathic, meaning they occur for no apparent reason. In all of these instances, acupuncture treatments aid in the restoration of bodily function equilibrium. On the other hand, female infertility can be caused by a variety of factors, the most frequent of which are given below.
- PCOD/PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome)
- Fallopian tubes that are blocked
- An issue in ovulatory cycles
- Hormone imbalances are a common problem
- Fibroids, cysts, and polyps in the uterus
- A stressful life
- Mental well-being
- Metabolic imbalances
- Dysfunction with endocrine Hypothyroidism
If you do not have any of these issues, your doctor may let you know that there is no problem, and you should try until you succeed. Along with these, stress can be a reason behind infertility as well.
Stress and anxiety is a common cause of various health problems, ranging from high blood pressure to stomach ulcers to an imbalance in our biological activities that makes reproductivity difficult.
Natural conception necessitates a delicate hormonal balance as well as an appropriate reproductive organ response. Mood swings and emotional changes can have a significant influence on this hormonal balance. As a result, couples who are having difficulty conceiving must prioritize relaxation and stability.
What role does acupuncture play in treatment?
Acupuncture involves inserting tiny needles into specific spots on the body, as you may have heard. It is well recognized for releasing trapped energy (also referred to as Qi) in our bodies. Restoring the natural flow of Qi helps the body recover equilibrium, which leads to better health.
Acupuncture has three significant physiological impacts on fertility in the meantime.
1. It encourages the release of neurotransmitters that aid the correct functioning of reproductive hormones and organs.
2. It improves blood circulation to the ovaries and uterus, leading to healthy follicles and an increase in the likelihood of conception.
3. It causes the brain to release chemical molecules that aid in reducing worry and stress, which, as previously said, is one of the contributing factors to infertility.
Can acupuncture be a good option for you?
Acupuncture is a highly safe technique for everyone, regardless of age or medical history. While acupuncture increases the chances of a natural pregnancy, it can also be beneficial before IVF operations to improve the success rate, as many gynecologists prescribe. In general, if you find a professional acupuncturist, the treatment is relatively safe and painless.
Acupuncture can aid in the following areas:
- Stimulating ovarian function to produce healthy follicles.
- Thickening the endometrial lining (uterine lining).
- Maintaining hormonal balance (Estrogen, progesterone, FSH, LH, etc.)
- Mood stabilization and relaxation
- Having a kid by natural means.
- Relieving discomfort during sexual activity.
- Unclogging obstructed fallopian tubes
- Improving the success rate of in vitro fertilization (IVF) procedures before and after the embryo transfer.
- To alleviate symptoms such as morning sickness, tiredness, mood swings, nausea and vomiting, sleeping issues, lower back pain, and cramping throughout various stages of pregnancy.
Is acupuncture a safe treatment?
As long as experienced experts conduct the treatment, acupuncture is a highly safe and less intrusive therapy. Acupuncture needles are incredibly tiny to avoid unpleasant sensations, and most people say they don’t feel the prick either. Depending on the patient’s medical history, this treatment might take anywhere from 20 to 40 minutes.
So, book an appointment with Dr. Siddique at his acupuncture clinic in Mumbai Central for guaranteed results.