Hijama cupping therapy is an ancient and most effective medical practice. It helps eliminate toxins from the body. This therapy has helped countless people relieve their chronic pain, heal from injuries, and restore overall body health.
The Meridian Care and Health Care Centers offers the best Hijama cupping therapy in Kurla and Mumbai Central. Dr. Siddique Shaikh is a proficient and experienced acupuncturist in Mumbai. He practices at the Meridian Care and Health Care Centres, one of the best physiotherapy clinics in Mumbai.
Dr. Siddique Shaikh is renowned for providing highly effective Hijama cupping therapy in Kurla and Mumbai Central. The main goal of Dr. Siddique Shaikh is to heal millions of people suffering from pain at the root level. Moreover, he had treated, 10000+ patients with various body energy balancing techniques, and cupping therapy in Mumbai.
Keep on reading to know about Hijama cupping therapy, its process, benefits, and more.
What is Hijama cupping therapy?
Hijama or wet cupping therapy is one of the oldest and most effective ways of removing toxins and stagnant blood from the body. It helps in the regeneration of blood cells and pain relief. The cupping helps open energy channels through the body tissues and organs.
Hijama works on tissues up to 10 cm from the surface of the skin. Thus, Hijama cupping is one of the most profound tissue treatments. The acupuncturist uses several types of cups according to the purpose of the therapy. The cups are available in various materials such as glass, bamboo, animal horns, and clay. Presently, glass cups are used widely.
With Hijama therapy in Mumbai, Dr. Siddique Shaikh can efficiently treat the following conditions:
Which conditions can Dr. Siddique Shaikh treat with Hijama cupping therapy in Mumbai?
What to expect during the consultation for an acupuncture therapy in Mumbai?
- The treatment mechanism of cupping is based on the principle of suction vacuum.
- The acupuncturist places the cups with the help of a vacuum pump tool. As the vacuum creates, it causes the skin to lift. The blood vessels expand and give a massage effect.
- The acupuncturist selects the sites based on the ailment. The cups are commonly placed on areas with more muscles. The back is the most common treatment site, followed by the chest, abdomen, buttocks, and legs.
- The acupuncturist removes the cups after 5 to 10 minutes. Further, the therapist makes minute incisions on the cupping sites.
- Again, the acupuncturist places the cups and applies vacuum until the blood oozes from small incisions.
- It helps in the removal of morbid blood and body impurities from the tissues and nearby organs. It also helps replace new blood cells in the body.
- The acupuncturist removes the cups after 5 to 10 minutes and wipes the blood. The residual cupping marks fade away within 5 to 10 days.
Benefits of Hijama Cupping Therapy
What are the benefits of Hijama therapy?
If done correctly at the proper indication, there is no side effect. Rarely some of the side-effects include:
Are there any side effects of Hijama cupping therapy?
- Circular bruises
- Changes in skin color
- Slight headedness
This therapy is not eligible for people with:
Who is ineligible for Hijama cupping therapy?
- Ligament rupture
- Liver disease
- Heart disease
- Pregnant Woman
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Hijama therapy cause pain?
Often, the superficial cuts are well-bearable. Pain tolerance differs from person to person. However, many patients’ experience is more comfortable than expected. Some patients say it tickles, and others compare it to the flick of an elastic rubber band.
What is the duration of the Hijama therapy?
The duration depends on the number of cups placed and the ailment. Usually, it takes 20 to 30 minutes for the entire process.
What should the patient do before Hijama cupping therapy?
- Fast at least 2 to 3 hours
- Drink plenty of water
- Wear comfortable and loose-fitting clothing
- The patients should inform the therapist about any medications they are taking or current ailment, or past medical conditions.
What should the patient do after Hijama cupping therapy?
- Have some dates or honey with water
- Rest over the next 24 hours
- Avoid any strenuous activities
- Avoid sexual intercourse for 24 hours
- Drink sufficient water to detox the body
- Avoid eating meat and dairy for 24hours
- Avoid packaged and processed foods
- Apply olive or black seed oil around the treated areas
- Avoid using any soaps and shower gels on the cupped regions for 24 hours