Injuries caused due to sports are among the most frequent reasons patients seek treatment from a physiotherapist in Mumbai. Some of the most common athletic activities can easily result in falls, slips, and pains of various severity.
So, what does a sports physiotherapist in Mumbai do to deal with physical injuries? And how do you decide when it’s time to put some ice on it and wait, or when it’s time to make an appointment to get professional help?
What is the role of a sports physiotherapist?
A sports physiotherapist treats a variety of sports-related conditions. They examine the injuries to identify the cause and severity and establish a recovery plan to ease the discomfort and help the patient get back to the pre-injury state.
After developing the treatment plan, they will provide a monthly appointment schedule for you and most likely supply you with basic at-home workouts to aid in your rehabilitation.
What types of injuries can a sports physiotherapist treat?
A sports physiotherapist in Mumbai can help in recovering from a variety of injuries. A sports physiotherapist can handle injuries resulting from almost any kind of athletic activity regardless of severity.
Here are some of the common conditions that a sports physiotherapist can help with:
- Low back pain
- Shoulder injury
- Knee ligament strains
- Meniscus tears
- Groin strain
- Ankle sprains
- Tennis elbow
- Golfer’s elbow
- Runner’s or jumper’s knee
Which types of treatment does a sports physiotherapist provide?
One or more of the following are common treatment methods in sports physiotherapy:
- Sports or activity-specific exercises
- Bracing and taping
- Fabrication of protective pads
- Intramuscular stimulation
- Manual therapy
- Muscle reconditioning
- Movement training
- Functional dry needling
When should I consult a sports physiotherapist?
- You should visit a sports physiotherapist in Mumbai if your injury is affecting your daily activities.
- The injury you have suffered may be able to recover on its own or overtime in most situations. But there is usually a cause behind it that doesn’t involve someone colliding with you.
- And if you deem the injury minor, the chances of it recurring are high, and it could happen again – except this time it would be much worse and more painful.
- Your treatment would be more fruitful if the root cause of the problem is solved quickly.
Contact an experienced physiotherapist in Mumbai to recover faster from injury. You can make an appointment for sports physiotherapy by calling +919819908055 or booking online.